Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today's Prayer

Grant me courage to cover my fears.
Grant me patience to cover my anger.
Grant me strength to cover my weakness.
Grant me these three, for I pledged to obey you and not men.

Be in what I build. Be in what I guard. But let me pray first to be with you, for it is your house, and it is your city.

Let there be bread for all the world. If my work is not leaven for the bread, then curse my work.

Let my name mean nothing and my age mean less as long as the labor is not lost.

Your will with my will, mine with yours, not either my will or yours, for then it will be neither-nor.

The sun dies soon. When rises the moon, stay with me. Bear me toward you so that I can bear the world.

Blessed be your holy memory. Blessed be your holy wisdom. Blessed be your holy will.

No comments: