Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Saturday

Nine forty-seven
On holy Saturday night.
My soul lost its heart.

A dangerous love
Covered us until yesterday.
Now you are gone.

You met my midnight
And made a sun of mercies
Burn the horizon.

You feared not to walk
With the wind on the water
And bid me to sail.

Friends who see despond
Don't know what I understand:
They cannot touch me,

For only you could!
In your hold would I be still,
Not still by myself.

I dreamed of your flesh
And dreamed that I tasted it,
Warmly in my mouth,

Kissing my own god,
But awoke to the gray day,
Kissing my own ghost.

I am lonely, lonely,
Longing for you
On holy Saturday night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's impressive.

Anonymous said...

Fortunately Sunday morning Mass follows these Saturday nights.

Anthony Zuba said...

The Sunday morning I am looking for, and for which all people yearn in their own way, surely is more glorious than can be apprehended even in the mysteries celebrated at Eucharist.

Anonymous said...

Fortunately a week is seven days.