Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reason to Cry

Tell us about the pilgrims who fell and never did go on.
These are the souls who never came to Babylon.
Tell us about the pilgrims who survived.
These are the souls whose cries brought them to life.

The doves drove into darkness while guitars hummed on the air.
You rubbed your eyes, your body shook, you hid inside your hair.

Who told you not to cry?
Who made you feel alone?
Who takes your sleep and lies?
I'll bring them far from home.

You fear to feel anything I feel and see anything I see.
You don't believe. The you in them has killed the you in me.

I'll help you live with friends
Who don't know who you are,
Who justify their ends
And make you their North Star.

Then maybe you can listen with your fingers or your feet,
Intelligently touch the mind, step smartly on the street

Within the light parade,
The waste land made a world
Again. The stage is played
Upon, all tongues uncurled,

And soon you'll speak a living tongue you do not know
And faster sprint to Eden from the Inferno

And feel a hotter fire
Than what blazes in your veins.
The life my blood will sire,
Life for which your labor pains,

Will speed the different shades of sun, ignite the air,
And warmly crawl along the floor and up the stair.

It shines inside your soul
When friends ask for it to.
But when you feel like a black hole,
Recall my prayer for you.

And learn to look before, beyond, and through the bolted door
For visions speaking fe y esparanza y amor.

I trust your teary eyes.
They say you will not die.
I say they will not rise.
I know you have to cry.

For I have felt everything you feel, and seen everything you see.
I hope you trust my joys enough to give your griefs to me.

I've come to you for this.
I'll wait to hear you sigh.
I'll wait until there is
No reason left to cry.

No comments: